Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gatso camera question

Options
  • 24-01-2006 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Just a quick question out of curiosity. I was coming down the monstorboice/Tullyallen road towards drogheda this morning (just past the petrol station). There is a Gatso is on the right hand side of road, there are three lanes, I was in the outside (left hand lane) doing about 80 while another driver was in the middle lane passing me out when the camera flashed. Id say he was doing about 100. It is an 80 zone. Will he get done for speeding?? I though those cameras only took pictures of the back of your car as you pass the camera??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

They'll work out your speed as well I'd imagine. But seeing as you weren't breaking the limit you'll be fine. The other guy will get done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Those cameras have horizontal lines on the road after them. They take two photos with the second one delayed a few milliseconds.

They then work out your speed based on how far along the lines you have advanced between the two photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

There are no lines on the left hand side of the road which i was travelling on(towards Dublin). They seem to be only on the right hand side (same side as the gatso) Dont recall seeing any lines on the middle lane either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Doubt it would work then as there would be no way of gauging his speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

There has to be lines on the road for traditonal style GATSO's to work. See here for more:

http://www.ukspeedcameras.co.uk/guide.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement