Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CFD/Spread betting sites

Options
  • 24-01-2006 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

I am planning on opening either a CFD account or a spread betting account in the immediate future.

Can anybody who has done this reply with details of what sites they used and how they got on.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 heywood100

Irish Binary Betting site.

Great liquidity on Dow

Better than the UK firms by a mail and because it is an exchange better value.

Google them.

They have 65,000 members

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Hi Dunk

All depends on what you want to trade but City Index and Bet Fair are among the best.

Cheers

Fintan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

heywood100 wrote:
    Irish Binary Betting site.

Great liquidity on Dow

Better than the UK firms by a mail and because it is an exchange better value.

Google them.

They have 65,000 members

The commission is brilliant, but it is hugely let down by the lack of liquidity (just looking at the gold prices for example). Will be a good site, but needs far more members. You'd need far more than 65,000 members to create sufficient liquidity in the very large number of open positions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Cheers guys,I will give it a shot and let you know how I get on.

This time next year I will be a millionaire.

btw - anyone know any good books/guides to spreadbetting? i know options/futures, but not anything specific about spreadbetting...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I tried to join up to,IG,because they say they cover all of the FTSE 250 stocks aswell as the FTSE 100,FTSE 250 are the ones I am really interested in.

There were a lot of personal questions I wasnt happy answering,where do you work,how much do you earn,etc.

After all that I got an e-mail asking me for a photocopy of my passport and a copy of a utility/bank statement.Is this standard?

dunkamania wrote:
    After all that I got an e-mail asking me for a photocopy of my passport and a copy of a utility/bank statement.Is this standard?

yes, its for anti-money-laundering laws...

the earlier questions about earnings etc were to check the level of risk you should be assuming...

Advertisement