Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Loss of power

Options
  • 24-01-2006 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Driving into work this morning had a slight loss of power for about 2 seconds, came back then, could it be my coil pack going? Dirty petrol?
    (2002 Seat leon 1.4) :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Do you need new spark plugs.

Air filter blocked.

Throttle body dirty.

Air flow sensor dirty.

Is there oil in the car.

If worried about it get a compression test done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 noellyk

Right, cheers for that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

kluivert wrote:
    Throttle body dirty.

Check this out, the brother used to have a leon, and the same thing happened, we had a look in the throttle box and sure enough it was full of 'gunk'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Citizen Jake

Could be the spark leads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭HotRodDub

My wife has a 1999 1.4 Golf, so I assume its similar, I have to clean out the throttle body every so often. Though in our case, its symptom is that it doesnt idle very well.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads, actually at idle it sounds a little funny also, pardon my ignorance but where abouts is the trottle box, and how would I clean it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

This is where you get the Haynes Manual out am afraid and get some Carb Cleaner, it seems to do the trick for Astras.

It should located at the end of the Air box or the Air inlet pipe.

Not sure what it looks like on the Leon sorry.

Normally involves unhooking sensor and the air box to get at it.

Might be worth changing the sparks as well and clean out the air filter.

Check the oil level. Change it if its black black. Ink black.

Has your fuel consumption gone up lately.

No fuel consumption the same, car just serviced 6000 miles ago!, new filter, oil, plugs. Have read though that a carbon built up can occur in the trottle box, better have a look.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The throttle box is located down behind here Leon engine 1.jpg

There's 3 fixing hex bolts holding it in place, it's hard to get to so if your unsure get a mechanic to show you how.

Advertisement