Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S40 - 2004- any opinions?

Options
  • 24-01-2006 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I'm buying a 2004 Volvo S40 - looks great leather interior 1.8 nice family car it would seem to me.
    Got a good deal at €19000 - or did I?
    Any thoughts on it - never bought a swedish car before.
    Plan on selling it off in 2 years - will it hold good value?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I'm guessing it's the old model (don't think the new one was out until 2005) in which case I'd have to say no, it won't hold its value. €19k looks reasonable now but looking at the asking prices for 2002 models on cbg now (10k to 13k everywhere except kenneys of galway who seem to be in dreamland). Since the model is obsolete and ageing, a 4 year old one, in two years time (which yours will be when you want to sell) will probably be in the 8k to 11k territory, and that's on a forecourt. If you like the car, go ahead and buy, but be prepared to keep it for a little bit longer than 2 years to get value out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 easylife

Thanks for the advise Alias.
    I'm trading in a 02 VW Bora with it and the whole deal is costing me €8500
    Do you think thats value?
    Do you think it is a good step from the Bora to Volvo S40?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

It's front wheel drive. But apart from that it's fine.

Advertisement