Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A positive note for Dell Support

Options
  • 23-01-2006 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Just a note to say that i have read a lot of poor reviews of Dell Support , but i decided to buy anyway as price was too good to miss

Anyway i bought an Inspiron 2 weeks ago and after 1 week of very little use the keypad acted up .

I phoned support and after the usual few minutes of going through several options i got through to support with 15 seconds of final option press.
    I explained the problem to the guy , ( stream guy in derry ) and he said that they would send me out a new keypad.

This arrived the next day
    and all is well

Very impressed !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I've been trying to get onto them for the last week with no luck.
    There are always big queues so I can't wait with my poor mobile.

Got through to them once and they told me a technician would ring me back.
    Never did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kiss103

just retried them

Following options path

1850 543 543

option portable ,

option inspiron , rang for 20 seconds then answered by real person, ( i then hung ip !! )

Just tried it myself and actually got through!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I also had a good experience with them
    Fan on an almost 3 year old inspiron started acting the maggot, bearings were gone, making noise etc...

Called em, got straight through
    Explained the problem and they sent an engineer with a replacement part the next day.

Pimp Ninja wrote:
    I also had a good experience with them
    Fan on an almost 3 year old inspiron started acting the maggot, bearings were gone, making noise etc...

Called em, got straight through
    Explained the problem and they sent an engineer with a replacement part the next day.

3 yr warranty I'm guessing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Forget the 1850 number.
    I have had a few dell laptops over the years, and found the best thing to do if you have problems with a fairly new pc,is call the sales person who sold it to you (no.is on the invoice)

Tell them you've been on hold for ages, and you want an Irish tech support no. off them.

Advertisement