Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Stereo problem

Options
  • 23-01-2006 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

I have a CD player/radio - if I set radio stations on it, as soon as I turn off the engine, the stations are lost. Anyone know how to fix this?

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

What's the make model?

A car stereo has two power feeds. One is peristent in that it supplies power regardles of whether the ignition is turned on or not.

The other power feed comes from a source which is only available when the ignition is switched on, such as the cigarette lighter.

You may have the connections back to front or one may not be connected at all. The memory on your stereo needs to have power to keep the values it has stored for your presets. Without that power it forgets them.

Advertisement