Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A twist

Options
  • 23-01-2006 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Does knowing that there is a twist spoil things for you, however small it may be? I think if one has read a few reviews, especially on Amazon, they are aware that a twist may exist.

It's nearly impossible to read a book with a twist and not know about, I would like to have that ignorance some day though.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

be me! blonde and not the brightest at picking up the little things i dont spot twists until im right on top. when i lend books to my friends they say sure i saw that one comming miles off but lil ol me never does, even when they've half prepared me for one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I don't read book reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

John2 wrote:
    I don't read book reviews.

I don't read the back of books!

admittedly this has led to the purchase of some lemons...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

theCzar wrote:
    I don't read the back of books!

admittedly this has led to the purchase of some lemons...

If it's an author I know I don't read the blurbs either. Or else I'll only read the first paragraph of the book and see how that grabs me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I try to avoid reading detailed reviews wherever possible but if I became aware of a twist in a story I'd find it really hard not to start thinking about what it might be. However, that doesn't mean I'll work it out for myself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

I agree with most, I never read book reviews until I've finished the book. Same with films. However, it drives me nuts when a friend recommends either and just says, there's a great twist!

Advertisement