Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headrest Monitor system - where to get one?

Options
  • 23-01-2006 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to get my Jeep sorted with a few things but don't know where to go to get it done. I want the following but don't know how much it should cost or if its all possible or not. Any advice is apprecitated.

I want 2 headrest monitors, 2 wireless headphones & a DVD player. I want to be able to have the Screens audio on the headphones or the car speakers so that if someone is watching a DVD you can still use the radio or if not use the speakers. I also want to be able to hook up my Xbox 360 whenever I want. I don't want to change my headunit or current speakers.

So, what do I need to do. I can't do it myself so thats not an option. Thanks again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

call 1-800-pimp-my-ride

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Robertr wrote:
    Hi,

I need to get my Jeep sorted with a few things but don't know where to go to get it done. I want the following but don't know how much it should cost or if its all possible or not. Any advice is apprecitated.

I want 2 headrest monitors, 2 wireless headphones & a DVD player. I want to be able to have the Screens audio on the headphones or the car speakers so that if someone is watching a DVD you can still use the radio or if not use the speakers. I also want to be able to hook up my Xbox 360 whenever I want. I don't want to change my headunit or current speakers.

So, what do I need to do. I can't do it myself so thats not an option. Thanks again.

I think the likes of Argos, Maplins or Halfords, etc sell these things. Might be expensive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

It would be cheaper if you bought the monitors and dvd player on ebay and then got someone to install it. Keep in mind these things will cost you a fortune. Might i suggest a large flip down monitor instead. Easier in install-even a complete novice could do it and you can even get ones with built in dvd players and wireless headphones.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5854773742
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/BelCanto-15-ROOF-MOUNT-FLIP-DOWN-XGA-TFT-MONITOR-W-IR_W0QQitemZ5854773835QQcategoryZ32826QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    and there are even cheaper ones to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Do you want the screens installed into the headrests themselfs with the player say in the glovebox?If so then ebay is the cheapest route to go.

If you want an all in one that straps over the headrests then try argos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Call Car Sounds & Security, they do all of the above.

Car Sounds & Security
    2 Oak Road Business Park,
    Nangor Road,
    Dublin 12 Ireland

Tel: 00 353 (0)1 4500 222
    Email: sales@carsounds.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement