Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite place in Europe ???

Options
  • 22-01-2006 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Would anyone like to share with me their favourite destination in Europe ? I am looking for some holiday ideas and would appreciate any feedback !

thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Florence

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Reasons, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,040 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Helsinki, it's beautiful and so are the women who dwell there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

Duh.... Dublin of course.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Nina_Angelica

italy, w/o a doubt!

rome - because it's like being in an entirely different era

livorno - because it's by the sea and very picturesque

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

When i lived in Ireland, i went to Germany on my honeymoon. Fantastic cities, nice people and lots of history to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

croatia is pretty cool aswell, went there two years ago to cavat(think thats how its spelt) its bout 30min boat trip to Dubrovnik. stayed in the Croatia Hotel, brilliant place.....

forgot to mention. u might see a celeb there now and again. when i was there. david bowe(or however u spell it) was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Try Austria, Tirol and Vorarlberg in particluar. Stunning scenry, freindly (not at all like the Germans) people, great food and if its Skiing or Mountian climbing your after...

Plus the locals will generally speak good englsih.

Otherwise Munich. Germany is underrated generally. Places like Munich, Dresden, Berlin, Heilelburg are all great holiday desitations. Stay away from the Rhineland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bzpc26

Tuscany. Good food. Lots of cheap great wine. Unbeatable scenery. Great weather. Villas with pools for 850 euro per 2 weeks per person including flights and car! From Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mami

Poland... Mazury... Bieszczady... lots of wild animals, birds, total silence, peace, idyll...
    delicious bread, honey, milk... and...
    aromatic, wild strawberry!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Barcelona is a great city. It's on the beach, the architecture is wonderful. The nightlife is savage, what more could one want!

Advertisement