Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

front light bulbs

Options
  • 22-01-2006 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

hi

does anybody know how to change the front lights bulb on a '99 ford fiesta lx?
    i can change the rear light bulbs no problem - the unit just clicks off from inside the boot, but it is not so obvious when i lift the bonnet up for the front light bulbs.

anyone know or done this before?

the reason i ask, no point going to garage to do little things like this. for a proper service, yeah i will go to a garage, but not for little things like these. any help much appreciated!!

thanks - laoisfan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Do you still have your handbook? It should say in there. For headlights, you don't remove the whole unit. You just remove the rubber cover from the back of the bulb, and then remove the bulb. There's usually a clip holding the bulb in, or the bulb twists in and out - much like an ordinary house bulb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

would it be any different on a fiesta than any other car????

on my car i can literally change all front bulbs in under 2 mins.

ive also done so on many other of my mates cars.

pop the plastic housing off , pull the wire plug out of light , remove metal pin and change the bulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

C_Breeze wrote:
    would it be any different on a fiesta than any other car????
    on my car i can literally change all front bulbs in under 2 mins.
    ive also done so on many other of my mates cars.
    pop the plastic housing off , pull the wire plug out of light , remove metal pin and change the bulb.
    Well on my car (Focus C-Max) I have to physically remove the whole headlight unit to get at the back of it to remove the rear cover. I'm guessing the new Focus is the same. There have also been reports here of some cars (Peugeot's?) where you have to remove small panels under the wheel arches to get at certain lights. Just 'cos you've never come across any of these awkward cars doesn't mean to say they don't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

on the new Fiesta you have to remove the bumper to replace the headlight bulb. don't know bout the old models though

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

It's no wonder some people drive around with only one headlight if they have to go to that much effort... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

thats why i always buy japanese - better thought out cars - and really easy to work on.

C_Breeze wrote:
    thats why i always buy japanese - better thought out cars - and really easy to work on.

agreed! (for once)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

C_Breeze wrote:

The current Avensis is a real pain to change a front headlamp bulb. Especially the drivers side headlamp as the windscreen washer tube sits right behind the lamp socket making it almost impossible to get the thing out. I managed it alright but not before loosing some skin from my hand. :(

It's all a money racket, car makers just want you to go to the dealer now and pay them to change it for you. They don't want you even looking under the bonnet at all these days. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

bazz26 wrote:
    They don't want you even looking under the bonnet at all these days. :mad:

I definately agree with this, 03 Sonata 2 litre has a big plastic covering over the engine

the main reasons for plastic covering the engine are sound insulation and to improve the looks of the engine bay when a potential customer checks it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

colm_mcm wrote:
    the main reasons for plastic covering the engine are sound insulation and to improve the looks of the engine bay when a potential customer checks it out

I know that, but it's annoying to try and get a good look, even when not doing anything, just to have a look

Advertisement