Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio for astra wont work

Options
  • 21-01-2006 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

I removed the battery from my astra today but now the radio is looking for a code which i dont have,does anyone know how i can find out what it is or do i have to replace the radio?

Suggestions please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

MrSinn wrote:
    I removed the battery from my astra today but now the radio is looking for a code which i dont have,does anyone know how i can find out what it is or do i have to replace the radio?

Suggestions please

Did you try the owners manual? - if you have it. Sometimes written there on a card which is meant to be torn out and kept seperately when car is new.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Look for it in your vehicle handbook and if you can't find it anywhere then go to a dealer with the chassis number and reg number and they will give you the code. Don't take any sh!t from them-you're entitled to the code as it belongs to the car and they shouldn't charge you for this service. You will need proof of ownership of course so bring ID and the Licencing certificate etc.

Alternatively, google for "radio code" and there are some forums where guys will generate a code for you if you give them the RADIO serial number (not your vehicle chassis number!). Some radios will not allow this but many will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

Litcagral wrote:
    Did you try the owners manual? - if you have it. Sometimes written there on a card which is meant to be torn out and kept seperately when car is new.

I have no manual,not a dikiebird

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

as said if you find out the main dealer who sold the car originally they will have it on file. other dealers will usually charge to find it as the have to get the information from opel's channel 21 database and afaik dealers are charged for this. check the backing plates etc for the original dealer and pm me if its a dublin one, i may be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

pull the radio - it probably written on the top of it by the last owner!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

you can get any opel garage to look it up for you. Just give them the reg and chassis number usually and if it's the original spec radio then they will tell you the code for it. done over the phone, simple as that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I have the code for a friends astra (98), but we dont know how to input it.

How do I put it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

try under the mat in the drivers footwell, in some of the older ones its written there, to enter it statr with the 1st button keep pushing until the required one comes up then the second etc etc,sometimes you may have to leave in o for an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

on my old astra it was on top of the radio, when u pull it out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

had the same problem.... get the serial number from the side of the radio and post it here..
    http://radiocode.proboards6.com/index.cgi?board=Calcs
    ... they responded within 24 hours with my code.

• Advertisement
Advertisement