Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Thames Whale

Options
  • 21-01-2006 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I hope this is the right forum for this, though I'd say it might also be a politics or media issue

The Times newspaper has given over two pages today to the story about the whale swimming up the river Thames. Its coverage includes a cartoon showing two MPs discussing a newspaper report about the whale, with the headline "Whale spotted by Houses of Parliament". One of the MPs is saying to the other, "check that John Prescott hasn't fallen into the river".

Any idea why I get the feeling that there was never the slightest chance that the MP would be saying "check that Ann Widdecombe hasn't fallen into the river"?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

No. I don't.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nope. Jesus, there have been more Anne Widdecombe jokes on TV and elsewhere than I would have thought possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Maybe its because only women are insecure about their weight, so it doesn't hurt men. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Any idea why I get the feeling that there was never the slightest chance that the MP would be saying "check that Ann Widdecombe hasn't fallen into the river"?

Because she's scary? And might eat the unfortunate MP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

News update from the BBC (not!)-
    pic122636wr.th.jpg

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

One of the MPs is saying to the other, "check that John Prescott hasn't fallen into the river".

Is this going to be another "women have it so much better" thread...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Maybe its because only women are insecure about their weight, so it doesn't hurt men. :)

Easy for you to say fatso.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Unless this actually turns into something resembling an intelligent debate it'll be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Wicknight wrote:
    Is this going to be another "women have it so much better" thread...:eek:

Looks like it.

The mock BBC page has a whale joke concerning Vanessa Feltz though...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement