Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Connecting a Car Stereo

Options
  • 21-01-2006 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Hi Peeps,

I have a Pioneer 5700MP which, first of all, I need to take out of a car, and secondly, need to put it into another!

Are there any good guides on Opel cars around which I could have a look at on the net?

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

If the car is 1996 or newer is should have same connections as car it was taken out of, if not you can buy an adaptor at a car accessories shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

note: there is a wire you need to connect to something to make the clock/time work on the top display. AFAIK if you just use an adaptor you lose the upper display

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Eh.. I have same stereo.

What upper display? I'm intrigued.

Don't see the point of having a second clock in the car though. Unless one is set to Alaskan time or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Yeah, I would the display up the top to be working too. (Seeing I just got blue LEDS for everything on the inside). I heard that you just have to cut a gray wire going "somewhere" on the car itself. Will have a look into it.

Is this the same unit?

I can't see any upper display. This is a genuine question btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

There is a display on the dashboard, in the centre, on nearly all Opels I think. Shows time,date and either radio channel or if casette is playing or cd.

Oh right, sorry. It's Opel specific.

Will this display work witht the 3rd party stereo or will it just display time and date now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I had a corsa before (97) and didnt have to chop into any wires for the upper display,when i put in the new radio that was the job done as straightforward as can be

Advertisement