Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playground Tortures

Options
  • 21-01-2006 10:34am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Kids were(are)remarkably inventive when it came to hurting people,in my primary schoool ceratin people spent all theier time plotting acts of torture.One that i remember witnesssing was the act of 'poling' whereby the victim was garbbed by the arms and legs and repeatedly rammed,groin first into on eof the poles that supported the bike shed..it was later refined so that the victim was wrapped around the pole and then pulled in four different directions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Haha, I remember that being done, except the pole was a goal post.

Other methods of torture I remember were:
    • Chinese burns (called Indian burns in the Simpsons...)
    • back of the neck choking
    • "Slaps" (the class champ had hands like shovels)
    • grabbing someones head between the heels of your hands
    Ah, the joys of school...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Getting the handle of a broom and placing it parallel to the floor and lifting it up between someones legs. The more refined version was when someone one in front also grabbed hold and you could hoist the person in the center clear off the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

The "Russian Haircut"

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_pranks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ek942

The 'rasher' was one of the worst we had.Take a steel ruler and whack the edge down vertically on someones arse cheeks.Stung for hours.The more sadistic students used to sharpen the edges even more in metalwork class.Best days of your life me bol**cks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

lol the rasher. I remember it too well.

The only one i remember that hasn't been mentioned was when you make fists with both your hands and raise your middle fingers slightly so those knuckles are higher. Then you dig them into your victims temples. Especially useful when trying to get someones letter in a game of IRA. lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

Wedgies...Pulling someones undies up to an the highest possible point resulting in said pants needing to be pulled from delicate areas.

Swirlies...Being suspended vertically over a toilet bowl, having your head submerged into said toilet bowl while it is flushed.

Flag Pole Licking... (I grew up in Indiana.. cold as @%&*.. especially during the blizzard of '78) You triple dog dare a kid to lick the flagpole. Tongue sticks to flagpole...(See the movie "A Christmas Story" for an example. This movie was based in Indiana, maybe it's an Indiana thang!)

Tuffy Test... (I did this one...what an idiot) You scratch at the same point on your arm all day resulting in a nasty wound / scar....proving you're tuff???!!!???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Chinese burns and flicking ears were favourites in my school. As well as running at unsuspecting victims from behind and yanking down trousers to expose bare arses to the playground.

I always found the verbal tortures to be the worst though, particularly among the girls. They had little rhymes or trick questions that would con the victim into reavealing some information, such as which class member they fancied, the result of which would be unmerciful taunting until another more gullible victim was discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

I remember many things that used to happen:

Raps: Having someone strike your knuckles with a deck of cards, to literally skin your knuckles, while your wrist was held and fist closed

Tunnel of Death: Having 5-10 people standing on either side of a narrow gap, and someone having to walk through while they were kicked and punched (except not to the head)

There were lots of headlocks... playfights... wrestling.... etc

People would stab eachother with pins in primary school

Having someone go on all fours and walk up behind someones legs, while someone in front of them would push them backwards, making sure they fell over.

The poll thing you are talking about, used to be called, in my school, getting posted.

One day I remember a guy who used to complain he got migraines was trapped inside a classroom with people holding the door, while someone else turned the light on and off and on and off and on and off....

Also, it wasn't uncommon for a group of kids in the year above to grab someone younger by the hands and legs, and throw them into a bush.

Despite all the playfights, no one ever seemed to get injured that badly, and terrible tho it seems, it also was kinda fun. That being said, I did lots of martial arts and had a reputation for it, so I rarely got picked on and could usually handle myself when I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

flicking of the ears in the winter months was always good....and then of course u have wedgies and my personal favourite which is standing on the heels of ppls shoes so they fall and when combined with the wedgie when they bend over to fix their shoes....MWAH!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

The rasher was a classic.
    Done right, there was a slight delay between doing it, and the victim feeling it, so you could be back at your desk, finishing off a bag of Ma Reillys, watching the clueless victim grabbing their cheeks in pain. Alas, I was the victim WAY more times than the perp, but you gotta respect a job done right.

Also, nipple cripples - grabbing and twisting nipples. jesus they hurt. Do it in school, and everyone laughs. Do it in work and all of a sudden you're "on report". lighten up people - she knew I was only joking!!
    turbot wrote:
    Tunnel of Death: Having 5-10 people standing on either side of a narrow gap, and someone having to walk through while they were kicked and punched (except not to the head)
    We used to call that "the mill"

And the pile-on - one lad goes down, someone shouts "PILE ON" and the guy is buried under a hundred sweaty schoolboys instantly.

ahh, happy times....happy times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

killswitch wrote:
    flicking of the ears in the winter months was always good....and then of course u have wedgies and my personal favourite which is standing on the heels of ppls shoes so they fall and when combined with the wedgie when they bend over to fix their shoes....MWAH!!!

poetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

caimin wrote:
    poetry.
    yea was quite a good one...although if u did it to the wrong person u could get damaged severely

i remembered another one....eggs,flour and milk on someones birthday...nuff said

Advertisement