Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blues in Dublin

Options
  • 21-01-2006 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Anywhere in town with blues/blues rock based bands... Just somewhere fun with decent bands and beer.

For what it's worth i'm 19 and into Blind Wille Johnson, John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, Frank Stokes and pretty much any delta blues. Also into SRV, hitman blues band and 50s rocknroll... If there's a place that has people my age in it that's even better, i've never been much into going out but i'm stuck in a rut and am all too happy to meet new people.

any tips are, as always, much appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cheap sheep

jj smyths would be good for the blues

but once the blues challenge starts back up, you'll have a ball. there'll be gigs on everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

JJ Smyths alright. There's the International Blues Band on there every friday I believe. Ben Prevo also plays in the porterhouse 2 wednesdays a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Cast an eye over www.entertainment.ie every now and then, blues gigs pop up every so often, but I think you'll find more jazz then blues.... just seems to be the way things are going at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oneblueroad

Have you participated in the Jam at JJ Smyths? How are they organized? Is it tough to get a slot?

Advertisement