Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your ride:

Options
  • 20-01-2006 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭

Thought this might be a good idea, it's good to look at nice bikes ;) Post up your bike(s), road, cyclo x, mtb or whatever!
    I'll start
    T1_-1_1097346.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Just got a second hand one of these... http://www.bicycledoctor.co.uk/p_orbitorion.html#

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Can you see my pic - it's not coming up for me anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭HusseinSarhan

Yeah Simon I can see it. I'll try to get a pic of mine hold on...

Can't find it so if you saved it to your PC then post it up.

This is close enough:

bikes4.gif

Crap picture. It's a Marin Mount Vision if anyone cares.

Oh yeah I forgot. Irecently got a Raleig solo for €50. It looks really like this sportif. It works fine although I did have to spend €12 on buying new gear cabling and housing as the old stuff was just gone beyond useful.

Here's a pic:

bike01.jpg

Bargain at €50. It's really fast actually if you want it to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

here's mine...

2k2_chute.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

rock_se_med.jpg

Here's mine, it's pretty comfortable, but I'm far too hard on the brakes, they begin to melt after a few minutes

• Advertisement

Know the bike, mate has one. Nice saddle! Have you got them set up properly? Pads shouldn't wear that quick unless you're going offroad.

Simona1986 wrote:
    Know the bike, mate has one. Nice saddle! Have you got them set up properly? Pads shouldn't wear that quick unless you're going offroad.

Yeah I got them checked by a mechanic and everything. I was always hard on brakes, but these go really quickly, I was looking at a front disc but it's pretty expensive. It's a great saddle, lovely and comfortable. I got on with the XL frame

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Yeah Simon I can see it. I'll try to get a pic of mine hold on...

Can't find it so if you saved it to your PC then post it up.

This is close enough:

bikes4.gif

Crap picture. It's a Marin Mount Vision if anyone cares.

Oh yeah I forgot. Irecently got a Raleig solo for €50. It looks really like this sportif. It works fine although I did have to spend €12 on buying new gear cabling and housing as the old stuff was just gone beyond useful.

Here's a pic:

bike01.jpg

Bargain at €50. It's really fast actually if you want it to move.

Are you really selling it

Have a Giant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

squirrel what pads and rims do you use?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Damn it I did it again, once again I came to a thread like this expecting, lads to post pics of their latest female accomplishments and got this,
    thrashy old bicycles, what happened to the realms of horny old men patrolling the interweb, I miss the days of them.

silverside wrote:
    squirrel what pads and rims do you use?

Standard rims, and the pads have been replaced a few times, with ones from Giant

I'll check them tomorrow and let ya's know

Bike 1.jpg

My Giant
    Not a great pic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

My Cotic, back when it was shiny and new

?iid=y2ueuo&outx=600&quality=70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 1380 mini

my ridgeback genesis day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Mriftzone.JPG

My bike - '04 Rift Zone but I've added carbon riser 'bars and changed the pedals to Shimano.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

This was my bike, a 1999 Marin B17 until the frame passed away...

http://www.mudluvers.0catch.com/images/gallery/jump20.jpg

So Marin kindly replaced it and now its my xc bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

My xc ride - an older Rocky Vertex.

Followed by my road/cross bike - a Lemond Poprad.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

Due to a transport error, it looks like I'm getting one of these.... hee hee hee
    Now I have no excuse not to race xc this year...

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/uk/catalogue_popup.asp?sPageID=popup&popuptype=zoom&modelid=10330

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

My bike - '04 Rift Zone but I've added carbon riser 'bars and changed the pedals to Shimano.

'cptr

Interested in selling that bike interceptor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Interested in selling that bike interceptor?
    I hadn't thought about it - it gets so little use I really should sell it. It has done less than 500 miles - my daily ride is a Klein Pulse Comp hardtail with slicks and the Marin was for weekend mudplugging but I am back studying so I don't get out on it. Make me an offer I can't refuse - pretend you saw it in a shop labelled 'ex-demo' and tell me what you think it is worth. I forgot to mention I upgraded the saddle to a titanium-railed WTB Speed V and fitted less knobbly WTB All-Terranasaurus tyres for fast xc riding.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

My bikes:Mc Neill duece duece 22inch top tube bmx,built up from frame since april 05.
    .:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Claude butler here.:D
    Wont upload????file too big I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

just got this one

nice and smooth, forks are a bit heavy but it's pretty fast, i love the xt shifting so easily, (though i havent got it dirty yet!) , nearly got myself into trouble playing with trucks during the week :)

just gonna cut down the bars a bit tomorrow and put on some oury grips, might try an XC race on sunday (otherwise just go for a spin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

DSC_1643a.jpg

Maybe this can be stickied?

Stunning bike GP. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

my new bike - a cannondale r500 frame with carbon fork and seatpost, specialized saddle, upgraded shimano 105 groupset and shimano mtb pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Had to update this list as I've just acquired another bike :)

Nothing like being married to a biking chick.

Got home from work this evening to find an early birthday present waiting for me. She got a deal on a 2005 Rocky ETSX-70... such a sweet bike! I've been in shock all evening. Taking it for a spin tomorrow to see how it feels, then back to the shop to get it fitted.

Details are here

Check it out (sorry if the image size is a bit large!)

05-etsx-70.jpg

• Advertisement

That's a really deadly bike. I'd say it loves rock-gardens with that BB position and those forks. Great spec all round, espeically the pro-pedal and lock-out options.

Advertisement