Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Books

Options
  • 20-01-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Just saw the thread about 'Childhood Wallpaper' the worst thing about that is that you ended up with your school books covered in the stuff!! Loads of books with green & white wallpaper on the and your name on a sticker lol. Then it progressed to books being covered in brown paper and then covered in this clear plasticky stuff i could never understand why they didnt just make books with tougher covers!
    ann and barry was the best tho!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

ah the brown paper was the win! so much cheaper than having to buy anything else. ann and barry were pretty hip kids alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Oh my God! I had completely forgotten about that! Wallpaper on books!!! Start of every school year my Mam would get the spare wallpaper out and cover the new books with it :D:D

You'd be worried in case some f**ker decided that your wallpaper merited you receiving a chinese burn or the bumps (the ones where everyone kicks you each time you come down, not the nice civilized type...it was a boys school, CBS Lucan :D )

Thankfully, it never happened me, despite the crap wallpare but it did happen my mate, every year :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Ruu wrote:
    ann and barry were pretty hip kids alright :)

Ah they were the best. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

My mam had class, she covered our books with either brown paper or the see-thru plastic stuff. Always thought the wall paper looked well tacky. :D Some kids had their books covered with cornflakes boxes?!

Ann likes jam. Barry likes cake. (or was it the other way round? :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Larianne wrote:
    My mam had class, she covered our books with either brown paper or the see-thru plastic stuff. Always thought the wall paper looked well tacky. :D Some kids had their books covered with cornflakes boxes?!

Ann likes jam. Barry likes cake. (or was it the other way round? :) )

Thats class alright, only the posher kids had the plasticy stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

I had smily faces and differnt types of paper covering my books i loved it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

im trying to find an email a mate sent me a while ago its an 'updated' version of Anne and Barry its priceless

Advertisement