Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 3 Weeks

Options
  • 20-01-2006 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

So you've been let out of college for three weeks starting tomorrow, has anyone any interesting plans for all that free time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Now this is where I get jealous... Grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Well, I have two more weeks on co-op, but then me and my friends are off to Stockholm to spend our hard-earned cash on a week of boozing.
    IH

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Finishing off my co-op for the three weeks. It would have been 2, but i decided to work the extra week for the extra week of pay. Weeks 1-4 of next semester are as much holidays as i need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

3 weeks Stateside [Sunshine State] starting Monday :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Fine for some...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

I plan on sleeping

Possibly a trip to Kerry and Galway on 2 weekends

Build a website for cash

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

IceHawk wrote:
    Well, I have two more weeks on co-op, but then me and my friends are off to Stockholm to spend our hard-earned cash on a week of boozing.
    IH

IceHawk you lucky b****x, Stockholm is beautiful, was there last November. One tip - don't take any of the city bus tours if yer hungover, they're far too comfortable and you'll fall asleep.

For myself, I'm coming back from Erasmus, haven't been in UL in a whole year, so I can't wait to go back and .... hahaha .... study!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

2 words: Barcelona, baby :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭natter

So jealous of all of ye, I've only a week off in which I need to find a place to live in Dublin and then I start.... work!! Not looking forward to the whole idea of having to get up in the morning even when its raining!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

For those of you who are thinking of staying around UL for the 3 weeks I would recommend taking one of the cushy jobs cleaning the likes of Plassey village. A group of us did this twice, good laugh having every house to yourself plus a bit of money saved by the time sem2 comes along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chubba1984

natter wrote:
    So jealous of all of ye, I've only a week off in which I need to find a place to live in Dublin and then I start.... work!! Not looking forward to the whole idea of having to get up in the morning even when its raining!

I managed to spend 7 months in Dublin on co-op and I only had to contend with 2 rainy mornings. Must be some kind of record!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭*yoda*

chubba1984 wrote:
    I managed to spend 7 months in Dublin on co-op and I only had to contend with 2 rainy mornings. Must be some kind of record!!

Liar! I was there the same time as you and there was a few more than 2 rainy mornings and a couple of snowy mornings! Still less rain than limerick though plus the life up there is brill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭natter

Well there definately is the consolation that there's no way in hell Dublin can be any wetter than Limerick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Limerick...omg its always raining there!!..my umbrella is permanently in my bag!!..maybe thats a contributory factor for limerick city being so depressing?! hummm....

natter wrote:
    Well there definately is the consolation that there's no way in hell Dublin can be any wetter than Limerick!

i dont think anywhere is wetter than limerick!

Mawnsynram in the Meghalaya state in India is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

So are my pants

*yoda* wrote:
    Liar! I was there the same time as you and there was a few more than 2 rainy mornings and a couple of snowy mornings! Still less rain than limerick though plus the life up there is brill!

What time were you gettin up so cos it never rained when I was goin to work. Lost my umbrella durin the snowy week too. B**tards.

chubba1984 wrote:
    What time were you gettin up so cos it never rained when I was goin to work. Lost my umbrella durin the snowy week too. B**tards.

some of us got up early for work! I forgot you had a cushy job! but thanks for finding somewhere rainier than limerick. ill remember that.

So are my pants

thanks for sharing. but some things we keep to ourselves when we are too old to be still doing them :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

I actually moved BACK to college for the three weeks to relax and escape from home, yay!! I love Brookfield

Advertisement