Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

execCommand createLink problem

Options
  • 20-01-2006 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This problem is only happening in IE. When i create a link in my WYSIWYG to
    e.g. page.html it creates the link but also adds on the whole url in the address bar (i.e instead of making it a href="page.html" it makes it a href="www.website.com/page.html").

It works fine in firefox but some clients that will be using this will be using IE.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lexeme

grahamor wrote:
    Hi,

This problem is only happening in IE. When i create a link in my WYSIWYG to
    e.g. page.html it creates the link but also adds on the whole url in the address bar (i.e instead of making it a href="page.html" it makes it a href="www.website.com/page.html").

It works fine in firefox but some clients that will be using this will be using IE.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

normally, the complete URL will be in the address bar.

i'm not sure i completely understand what you are on about. and i don't want to rattle back and forth with you trying to squeeze out all the information needed to find out what you are doing wrong, and make a more informed suggestion.

however, maybe you mean the statusbar?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

sorry if i didnt make myself clear.

try this: i am currently on the page www.boards.ie/vbulletin/wysiwyg.html

in this page i create a link in my WYSIWYG editor to page.html

the link should be <a href="page.html">link</a> right ?

but when i do it in IE the link becomes <a href="www.boards.ie/vbulletin/page.html">link</a>

it adds on the url string before the link.

I am doing this for a content manager so i wont want the url string before the link.

Any ideas ?

Advertisement