Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty Points - Second Letter

Options
  • 20-01-2006 12:56pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got 2 penalty points a couple of months back and I paid the fine and I got another letter in my door yesterday from the Government to say that I had been given two penalty points accompanied with the standard "If you were not driving the car at that time send no money" etc..

So Im confused... Was this just a receipt and notification that the points were now officially on my license or have I been caught speeding again???

The first letter was from the Gardai but this was from the government...

If it didnt come with directions on how to pay a fine Id assume it was just a receipt.. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The original one should have the ticket from the Garda, along with his signature and the time and date of the offence. I'm not sure what this one is.

Is there a number on the thing to ring?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

seamus wrote:
    The original one should have the ticket from the Garda, along with his signature and the time and date of the offence. I'm not sure what this one is.

Is there a number on the thing to ring?

It was a camera that cought me so there was no Garda Signature to speak of... The original had a fairly crude snapshot of my reg plate from the back...

I was cought doing 89 in an 80 zone.. The notorious Lucan Bypass camera that I only became aware of when it was too late :rolleyes:

I dont have it with me at the moment but I'll have a look at it when I get home... There might be a number to call....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Sounds to me like the official notice of receipt of penalty points..which have just now (yes a couple of months later) being put onto your licence.

This means that your points are on your licence from this date onwards and not the date of the offence :mad:

It a typical irish system...so dont ask questions, its meant to be stupid. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

The letter will say Notification of Penalty Points or similar.

It will state the number of points awarded for this offence, the total now recorded for this person, and the date of expiry of these points.

Advertisement