Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water cooling advice please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Best list what you have chosen (with links) as carts are session based, so we can't see what you have in yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

WizZard wrote:
    Best list what you have chosen (with links) as carts are session based, so we can't see what you have in yours!

Yes I will second that

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

[Link fixed]:D

Sorry bout that!

Make sure they all have the correct sized barbs, and get some tubing clamps. Apart from that it looks good. I'd get the TDX though, plus they generally have a deal where if you buy the D5 and TDX you get some money off.

You'll also need some PFTE tape. (And fans for your rad)

Thinking about getting a setup like that myself soon, just wondering how much is that costing you altogether including delivery?

• Advertisement

WizZard wrote:

You'll also need some PFTE tape. (And fans for your rad)
    have fans and ptfe thanks

Thinking about getting a setup like that myself soon, just wondering how much is that costing you altogether including delivery?

parts are 225 dollars dunno about shipping.

i've added a chipset block to that since earlier though.

Shipping will be expensive and customs will catch you. I discovered that when ordering from DD last year :(

do they ship from any other sites?

popular opinion says their stuff is really good anyway!

would you say it was worth it?

Yeah, they're stuff is fantastic.

www.extremeprometeia.com and www.coolercase.co.uk are stockists in the UK.
    Could possibly work out cheaper from the US though, due to the disparity with Sterling/Euro and Dollar/Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

If it was me i would get this. and go for the second one as it contains a similar radiator, a good pump and a better waterblock. Price is about 180 euroes and you wont have to pay dear shipping from America. You wont have a chipset block but i would just try and put a larger heatsink on your chipset as i think watercooling is overkill for a chipset.

What about waterchill, any good?
    Or even this Gigabyte kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

WizZard wrote:
    Yeah, they're stuff is fantastic.

www.extremeprometeia.com and www.coolercase.co.uk are stockists in the UK.
    Could possibly work out cheaper from the US though, due to the disparity with Sterling/Euro and Dollar/Euro.

add www.over-clock.co.uk to the list.

I just ordered from them an hour ago. My items have been picked packaged and dispatched, I even have a tracking number, less than an hour after ordering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I would not go for the gigabyte one as it is not that good. The swiftech one i linked to is very good especially for the price.

Advertisement