Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP battery problem

Options
  • 20-01-2006 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭

Got a HP "pavilion 5320" laptop (around 3 years ago) the battery died after around 6 months...haven't replaced it since because I dont use it portable, and the dead battery is still inside the machine...I always have it plugged in...BTW the battery now only lasts 5 minutes!

Just wondering could I have got a free replacement battery off HP because it died after 6 months (missed the boat bringing it back to compustore, where I bought it, before they went bust!) If I was to buy a battery now, how much would I expect to pay??....and is it bad for the laptop that the battery is still inside it...??

..oh, and there is a VERY loud noise off the fan, all the time.

Other than that the laptop is fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Just wondering could I have got a free replacement battery off HP because it died after 6 months (missed the boat bringing it back to compustore, where I bought it, before they went bust!) If I was to buy a battery now, how much would I expect to pay??....and is it bad for the laptop that the battery is still inside it...??
    ..oh, and there is a VERY loud noise off the fan, all the time.

Ya you probably could have gotten a new battery out of it if you had brought it back, it all depends on what is said in your warranty about the battery.

A new battery would cost ~€100.

The fan noise is probably it way of saying clean me!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

ARGINITE wrote:
    A new battery would cost ~€100.

The battery for my Pavillion zv5000 is 150 pounds sterling according to laptopbits.co.uk. :eek:

I had the same problem with my HP laptop - battery went after 6 months. Piece of crap, I could never recommend HP laptops to anyone. I contacted HP about this and if it was within warranty, they would have replaced the battery. And they would have replaced the hard-drive that is failing and they may have done something for the power supply problem I am having.
    /end rant

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ghettogrl

same problem here! i would never recomend HP....as far as the battery is concerned i was told by my computer expert that with all the problems i was going to have i was better off to replace the computer alltogether.but then maybe that was just mine!

Advertisement