Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

F.T.A.O.the la la's who cant use the new Dunkettle roundabout off the J. Lynch Tun.

Options
  • 20-01-2006 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

As it says above..............

Ladies and Gentlemen open your eyes in the morning when approaching the roundabout and on exit you can go back to sleep again!!!!!!:)

got taken out nearly for the last 3 morning's when heading to Little Island via the back road from the south link........due to stupid people who cant read the arrows........its mad there during rush hr!!!

Basically since the work was complete by Siac and the extra lane opened and lights came on its mayhem!!!! people have 2 exits for east - as in the rosslare road.....and the inner exit can be used also if going south - towards the south link or use it for access for the back road to little island.....

But people seem to think there is 3 exits for the main little island/rosslare turnoff....and what is happening during the rush hr is if your using the inner exit of the 2 correct lanes for the rosslare rd or going southbound again....cars on the inner lane of you tend to shoot off up the exit for rosslare which means they are cutting straight in front of you or basically taking you out and themselves of course (!!!) if your heading southbound for the southlink or the back road for little island......
    If i was a gaurd id have fun there in the mornings!!!!!!!!!!!!
    after the first incident i thought i was in the wrong....after listening to the womans horn who nearly took me out.....but i went back at lunchtime just to prove to myself i was in the right....and i was...and the following 2 mornings its happened again....not just me but other motorists aswell.....the signs and arrows are all there...but i think people are'nt using them...there reverting back to the old lane system before it was changed.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

don't worry, most of them will get taken out by lorries on the bandon road roundabout...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

I'm not sure about the idea of having 4 lanes in a roundabout at all. The theory is great, but you have some people who just insist on using the outside one no matter where they are going, and trucks and tractors have to take up two lanes to make sure some idiot doesnt get squashed under you.

If the lanes were wider it would help. In Dunkettle Interchange (as with Sarsfields Rd.) they have just put 4 lanes were there were 2/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 matiz

barryi200 wrote:
    got taken out nearly for the last 3 morning's when heading to Little Island via the back road from the south link........due to stupid people who cant read the arrows........its mad there during rush hr!!!

Yep, people forget there are now FOUR lanes - I nearly got squished between a truck and a jeep last night heading for the South Link. Cue - lots of glaring, raised fists and shouting! Morons....

Advertisement