Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Blueface lines

Options
  • 19-01-2006 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Is anyone successfully using two Blueface lines with Eircom BB? If so can I ask what your setup is please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Garfieldus wrote:
    Is anyone successfully using two Blueface lines with Eircom BB? If so can I ask what your setup is please?

Most ATAs Blueface provide have two ports. Just set them up with different details. Is that what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

He's probably looking for QoS settings and codecs etc as the upload speed is limited. This problem will be overcome tomorrow when Eircom ups the upload speeds. Regardless, use G.729 and you'll get the lowest bandwidth usage with decent voice quality. You need to have a router capable of doing QoS, otherwise the slightest internet usage could seriously affect the voice quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Garfieldus

I probably should have been more specific. I have the Eircom wireless Netopia modem/router and a Linksys router with two phone connections. Only one line will work at any time. I believe the Eircom router is at fault because...

"Our server is going to send all the traffic for both accounts (lines) to that address but then your router won't be smart enough to differentiate and will just send all the traffic to one of the lines on the Linksys router most likely the one that registered last."

The suggested fix is an ADSL/VoIP router but at €280 its expensive.

Thus my original question... has anyone already done it and how?

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Yes, it works fine, most ata's will only do g.729 on one port, so they swop back to 711 on the second call, most of the time you need to manually configure port forwarding on your netopia, unless your ata is pretty exotic you need to port forward udp port 5060 and 5061 and then the rtp port range which is also on udp, if you want to cover all bases just forward 5000->20000 udp through to your ATA.

Advertisement