Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up and coming and under rated rappers?

Options
  • 19-01-2006 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Considering the drought of decent rappers(compared to a decade ago)nowadays,I want to hear who you feel are going to blow up big over the next few years and who is already got a deal but is just under rated.It can be gangster rappers or political rappers or whatever just as long as they have a decent flow and somewhat original lyrics.

Papoose,Saigon(both been around for ages,both expected to drop somekind of album soon and basically running the mixtape scene in New York) and Spot are the nicest rappers from the US that I've heard.All strong lyrically,although there particurly nice with there delivery.Planet Asia and One Be Lo are under rated from the indie scene.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

If any of you live in North County Dublin hop down to The Strand pub in Rush...theres gonna be an open mic night on in the back. First gig was 2 weeks ago and was jammers, free entry and a local lad is goin to be whippin up some freestyle!!!!!

Its tonight by the way!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Nice one rockee but you might want to start your own thread to let people know about that.

Id say Joe Budden is ready for the spot light. His last three mix tapes have been classic and his first album had some bangers on it sadly little promotion from def jam but now jay is involved he might do something about that.

Id also say freeway, his first album is really good think his next one with the right promotion could be big but its taking so long to come out just like joe.

Not so sure about Papoose we had lots of good rappers on mix tapes over the last few years that just never broke out like red cafe etc.

True! Ill post it now....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

True Budden's damn strong as well.Mood Muzik was epic.When he wants to he's got some serious lyrics.

Trawl some forums for Pap's,Saigon and Spot's stuff Kristok.You won't be disapointed.

On a slightly related note,I just heard AZ's diss of 50.:eek: Beats just about everything on AWOL hands down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

ive heard some of their stuff dosnt do much for me there good but im just not ready to say anyone on the mixtape circut is ready for mainstream yet.

Must have a look for the az diss knew it had to come some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Juelz Santana, Chamillionaire, Lupe Fiasco, Bump J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Theres a couple i think that will hit big this year, over here and maybe just State side,

Game
    Stat Quo
    Pharell
    Dem Franchise Boys (mainly in USA)
    David Banner
    Sway (UK)
    Freeway
    Chamillionaire
    Juelz Santana

Yeah Juelz's shocking lyrics pretty much screws up his otherwise decent delivery.

Cham's nice though.If he could improve his lyrics and subject matter he could be a serious rapper.Sounds of Revenge was strong,too much 'pop' stuff though.Some of the beats are brilliant.(Happy Perez,Storch)

That AZ track's worth looking up btw.Its no ether but the beats are easily stronger then anything on AWOL and AZ gets some nice shots in.Bit short though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I reckon Big Sty, dispite his desire to rip the piss out of people too much is as good as any new rappers I've heard in the last 3 years.

Santana has an insane flow but lyricaly he is very weak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Not all rappers but just Rap and Hip Hop artists that I think will do it big

Chamillionaire
    Young Jeezy (Soul Survivor is out in a few weeks)
    D4L
    Dem Franchise Boyz
    Pimp C
    Ne-Yo
    T-Pain
    Juelz Santana
    Chris Brown
    Young Jock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

i totally forgot about Young Jeezy, he is brilliant imo. Cant wait for that album

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

D4L
    1 hit wonder. and oh my god, but its a terrible song. for those that don't know check out the song "laffy taffy"
    Pimp C
    Definately. If you're gonna say him then Bun B is gonna blow also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Tru Life, signed to Roc La Familia, got a great mixtape out awhile Called New New York, should be an album out this year. he appeared at the I Declare War show too. doing little spots here and there on the NY mixtapes, he's on 2 of thesong's off Saigon's Welcome To Saigon mixtape.
    check out "Block Music" for a taster.

Kristok wrote:
    Id also say freeway, his first album is really good think his next one with the right promotion could be big but its taking so long to come out just like joe.

definitely, 1st was brilliant, he's too slow coming out with anything :(
    Orizio wrote:
    On a slightly related note,I just heard AZ's diss of 50.:eek: Beats just about everything on AWOL hands down.

what's the name of it?

what's the name of it?

Ummm 50 diss.:D

Its not a diss track as such,but there is a few 50 disses in there.Nothing particurly nasty(it is AZ after all)but as usual AZ lyrically and flow wise kills it.And that beat!

Seriously Papoose is the strongest rapper out there to me right now.I've put a compilation of his stuff from downloads and whatever together and its way stronger MC wise then anything I've heard since Supreme Clientele was realeased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

proof from d12 is will blow up dis year released a single last year didnt get to much attention hopefully his album will though and prove he has a good flow

Advertisement