Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Omega "abandoned" on New Nangor Road

Options
  • 19-01-2006 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

Have spotted this black Omega (yellow reg) over on a street off the New Nangor Road, it has a smashed rear window. Has been that way since at least before Christmas and no-one has bothered to either tow the car away if abandoned or else to tape up the window.

What's the story with it ? Don't believe it could be abandoned as it's too good/new a car. If stolen, surely the residents would have had the police remove it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Where abouts frank, i travel that road twice a day and havn't spotted it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

If you're in the MX5 you'll be too low to spot it ;-)

It's behind a wall in one of those cul-de-sacs that butt onto the main road (this is on the left coming from Citywest). I think it's just before a set of traffic lights.

The attached map is from Autoroute 2006 but typically it's out of date :rolleyes: because the roundabout shown to the right of the pin-point (where the car is) is actually a crossroads with traffic lights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Looks like I'm not the only one seeing more and more abondoned/stolen/dumped cars in and around the city.

Frank, that van was gone last night when I passed at 2245!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

It's just that I like Omegas and this one is in very good condition (although I haven't seen the front of it so I guess I should not say that yet)

Plus in my estate, there have been LOADS of abandoned cars - newish ones, especially with yellow plates - like a '99 Passat that stood there for two years. Lovely car, nice condition except one tyre had gone flat. It disappeared over Christmas. I kept meaning to call into the PSNI back home every time I went up, but never found the time - just to tell them that if they were looking for that car, I knew where it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Ive seen that car alright,seems to be parked into someones garden at the corner tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Spotted it this morning frank. Fair play to you for spotting it, although I am usually half asleep when passing there in the morning,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dead

ill go take it ....

Advertisement