Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct

Options
  • 19-01-2006 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

My Car was due NCT last night and I thought to myself its worth 27 quid just to find out what wrong with it. Saves me from getting robbed by the these money making Pre-NCT check artists.

Anyway, low and behold it blinkin passed no bother, could not believe it. Only preparation I did for it, was to get it washed.

One thing though, I got it tested at 8:00 pm, looked like the lads were just waiting for finishing time, so might not go through them as thorughly at that time of night.:v:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

LOL, you are probably right.
    Well done.

P.S.
    I think there is some law that states you must spend all the money you have saved on drink??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭samo

I put my car through the NCT as well last night (and was a little concerned about the electrics) and it passed no bother as well!!

Mine was at 7.40pm and I got there at 7.15pm and was in and out of the test centre within 20 minutes so was a great turn around!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Nice one, I'll remember that next time my car's due an NCT

prospect wrote:
    P.S.
    I think there is some law that states you must spend all the money you have saved on drink??

I've always followed these teachings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

As a matter of interest, we've got a '98 Ford Puma with only 45k on the clock going in for NCT in a few weeks time.

It's our second car so gets driven very little. But anyway.....it was rear ended a while back and we haven't it fixed yet. All that's wrong with it is the boot needs a good bang to shut it, one of the allows leaks air and one of the rear lights has a crack on it. Now if you know Puma rear lights, the outer cover is a clear plastic. This is what is cracked.....will it fail because of that?

Going to fire it through anyway to see what needs to be done. But just curious about the rear light and boot. It drives perfectly other than that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

AlanD wrote:
    the boot needs a good bang to shut it, one of the allows leaks air and one of the rear lights has a crack on it. Now if you know Puma rear lights, the outer cover is a clear plastic. This is what is cracked.....will it fail because of that?

Going to fire it through anyway to see what needs to be done. But just curious about the rear light and boot. It drives perfectly other than that.

The missus has a puma, so I know what your talking about, they won't fail it on the light because there is no ingress of water or condensation. They might fail it on the boot, but i'd do the same, through it in and see what they say

Good Luck & let me know how you get on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement