Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lessons and Swing Analysis- How much?

Options
  • 19-01-2006 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Hi

How much are golf lessons these days with a pro (either at a range or golf club)?

I would love to get a swing analysis done also and my putting analysed. I heard that there is a guy in Rathsallagh doing this. Is there anywhere else?

Slumped

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

a lot of pros do it nowadays, you will pay around €30 for a basic half hour lesson, a good pro to try and get time with is shane o'grady in blackbush i'm not sure on his prices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭joanmul

slumped wrote:
    Hi

How much are golf lessons these days with a pro (either at a range or golf club)?

I would love to get a swing analysis done also and my putting analysed. I heard that there is a guy in Rathsallagh doing this. Is there anywhere else?

Slumped

The guy in Rathsallagh is Brendan MacDaid and he is very highly regarded. I think he was out in America advising P Harrington last year. As far as I know he is very good with low handicap golfers. If there was a psychological problem his father (MacDaid's) who is in Kilkenny is supposed to be excellent.

Joan

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭johnny_rambo

joanmul wrote:
    As far as I know he is very good with low handicap golfers.

I wouldn't totally agree with this. If you're looking for a lesson from someone in dublin area, he's worth a try. His teaching style might suit you but it didn't for me. He seemed to make my problem a lot worse when I got a lesson from him (he gave me a drill to do that wasn't related to the problem). Went to another coach a couple of weeks later and he fixed the fault in 5 mins!

Advertisement