Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Shopping system

Options
  • 19-01-2006 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Ive been tasked with creating an online shopping site for a local Shop which sells clothing. The site and database stuff is fine. What i need is some info / advice on how the payment sytem works. Whats the easiest / most secure system to use ? Say the user adds items to the shopping cart and then clicks checkout, from there how do i go about charging the user for the items they have selected + postage ?

Can anyone point me toward a system they have used and maybe give me an over view of how it works ?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 sean_or99

You have a number of choices open to you. Most go with a Payment Provider like:

2Checkout
    PayPal
    Paymate
    PayMeNow

There are quite a few. PayPal is probably the most recognisable. Click here to see the different type of methods you can utilise for online payment using paypal for example. As you can see there are a whole host of ways to set this up.

This is simple, but quite a good way of dealing with the issue.

Website Payments Standard: Solution Overview

spot_wpStandard.gif

You should compile a list of payment providers, go through their solutions, compare prices and pick one that works best for you.

(PS, While I mentioned paypal here a few times, I only did so because their site has some good articles on how this stuff works. I am not advocating paypal as there are quite allot of criticisms of the service).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

paypal is the easiest, cheapest, and best option for small business. For anything else, there are loads of options such as worldpay

google search results

Advertisement