Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade Time!

Options
  • 19-01-2006 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭

After the pangs of jealousy brought about by helping build my Bro's rig I've had to bite the bullet and conjure an Upgrade from nowhere.

Managed to sell a grands worth of excess kit, and put the order into Komplett.

Going with the 4400+ (the one with the large cache at 2.2Ghz, my numbering may be wrong)

and the DFI Lanparty SLI Expert.

Have a 7800GTX to put in it from this rig, and some sweet TCCD G.Skill Ram.

Will buy a new case, and dig out the Innovatek Watercooling gear. So it'll be a 2 Rad setup as follows

Pump > Double Rad > CPU > Single Rad > GPU > Tank > Reservior > Pump

High flow rate pump so 2 Rads no issue.

Want a nice case to attck with my Dremel and cram all this into.

Inqui

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

It'd want to be a very high-flow pump for all that! (Are tank/reservoir not the same?)

I'm going to pre-empt SyxPak here by saying a Stacker first. ;) It's huge so you'll have loads of room for all that stuff.
    Otherwise you can't go too far wrong with a Lian Li :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Pretty Tank thing to cut hole in side of case for to look good.

Innovatek Tank-o-matic

and Ugly reservior to hide in the guts.

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

That's going to be a flow killer. But it'll look nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

WizZard wrote:
    It'd want to be a very high-flow pump for all that! (Are tank/reservoir not the same?)

I'm going to pre-empt SyxPak here by saying a Stacker first. ;) It's huge so you'll have loads of room for all that stuff.
    Otherwise you can't go too far wrong with a Lian Li :p
    Air-Hi-5!

Advertisement