Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!!!!

Options
  • 19-01-2006 5:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

HELP
    I bought a packard bell laptop back in oct and tried to play a music cd on it recently and i would not read the disk,i then tried various other disks and they would not read either even by trying to go through my computer..When i went into device manager it said it had a fault..there are no viruses and i don't have any other reason why its not working
    Any ideas????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

It's probably not a virus to be honest, your CD drive is probably missing its driver. What does device manager say the specific fault is?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Yeah That Is The Problem Do You Know Of A Solution

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

In device manager it tells you the type of CD drive you have. Google it and update the software and the firmware from the maufacturers site

Advertisement