Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

You see the strangest things/people (M50)

Options
  • 18-01-2006 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

Slowish traffic this afternoon (1630h) but nothing major - so no excusing this idiot crossing from the northbound lanes over to the southbound lanes OVER THE GRASS MEDIAN !

Must bring my proper camera and not just my phone, you see all sorts of shenanigans on that road. The southbound traffic he was wanting to move into was going quite fast (photo shows a gap in the traffic though)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

thats not that strange imo

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I saw three guys attempting to cross the M50 at around 2.30pm on a Saturday one day. That time of day, there's a lot of traffic, but no congestion, so it's constant traffic moving at ~60mph, and little to no breaks in the traffic. I came back the opposite way 20 minutes later and they'd only made it to the median strip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Yer man's face was funny - I love winding people up when I catch them at stuff (favourite victims are people who park in the disabled spaces at Superquinn in Blanchardstown village)

I thought I had the phone set to video rather than still-image, so beeped the horn while "filming" him just to wind him up a bit. He saw me, and went kinda livid gesticulating at me in his rear view mirror. My lipreading skills inform me that he would tear me a new "A" or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

franksm wrote:
    ....this idiot crossing from the northbound lanes over to the southbound lanes OVER THE GRASS MEDIAN !

...The southbound traffic he was wanting to move into was going quite fast (photo shows a gap in the traffic though)

Another good reason for the NRA to consider installing a solid/wire barrier between N & S lanes.
    It's bad enough having out of control cars doing this, maybe there is a Darwinian element in this "time saving trick".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

franksm wrote:
    Slowish traffic this afternoon (1630h) but nothing major - so no excusing this idiot crossing from the northbound lanes over to the southbound lanes OVER THE GRASS MEDIAN !

Must bring my proper camera and not just my phone, you see all sorts of shenanigans on that road. The southbound traffic he was wanting to move into was going quite fast (photo shows a gap in the traffic though)

Seen this before too - a jeep get pissed off at the red cow just after coming down the northbound slipway... did a 90 degree right turn and managed to squeeze though a gap in the hedge (central median) and after that I lost sight of him - this was at around 5:45 in the evening so southbound traffic would have been heavy.

Incredible the level of idiocy of some people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

AMurphy wrote:
    Another good reason for the NRA to consider installing a solid/wire barrier between N & S lanes.
    It's bad enough having out of control cars doing this, maybe there is a Darwinian element in this "time saving trick".

Good God not more of that lethal wire barrier!!! if you ask me it should all be taken up, can you imagine what that wire barrier would do to a biker at 120kph? it is also useless if a truck hit it at speed.

pbergin wrote:
    Good God not more of that lethal wire barrier!!! if you ask me it should all be taken up, can you imagine what that wire barrier would do to a biker at 120kph? it is also useless if a truck hit it at speed.

If a biker comes off hits anything at that speed they are pretty much screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Mexicola wrote:
    Incredible the level of idiocy of some people...
    Incredible how some people are so impatient these days. That's the real issue I feel.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Every time I drive along that road I see something f**ked up, but that's one of the worst, I don't know why they don't stick a few unmarked garda cars going constantly up and down it, they could remove a large percentage of the idiots on the roads in just a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

ronoc wrote:
    If a biker comes off hits anything at that speed they are pretty much screwed.

Agreed, but a good set of leathers and good helmet would protect the ridge from the road and provided the rider doesnt go under a car chances of survival are good, but if he\she hits that metal wire I could see head going one way body going the other (survival not likely in this case)

• Advertisement
Advertisement