Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blog? Who cares!

Options
  • 18-01-2006 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

This may sound like a rant, and it could probably be classified as such.. But I'm going to go on anyway...

Why do so many people have blogs? Are they an excuse for people to feel like they have a place? That they want to fit into some sort of defined internet community?

Now, I'm sure a few select people have some very interesting things to say, but surely there's a better place to talk about/publish it? Somewhere credible, where an editor looks over your work and reviews it, perhaps even offering some suggestions on how to clarify a point or expand on something.
    And, no, comments are not the same thing. Saying things like "lol, tbh I think ur deadly!!! :D;):):o :eek: :( :mad: :cool: :confused: :v: :eek: :eek: :eek: " does not cut it as constructive criticism.

Maybe it's just me, maybe it's a "new toy" for the internet kiddies of today to play with. Maybe I've just got my head buried so far up my own arse that I think so little of someone else’s writings...

And does anyone else hate that stupid word? BLOG. It always reminds me of a black turd...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You don't have to read them tbh. It's better than people venting on forums like boards...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Yea. Take it to the blog...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

If you had a blog you could've ranted in there. I would say there are only a handful blogs generally worth reading, a large amount of blogs that are of interest to people who know the writer, and a vast wasteland of crap.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why do so many people have blogs? Are they an excuse for people to feel like they have a place? That they want to fit into some sort of defined internet community?

To be honest, I hate threads which really should have been blog posts more than blogs.

As someone else said, why do the bother you? No one is forcing you to read them. There are as many kinds of blogs as their are bloggers. Important ones, well-written ones, informative ones, ego-centric ones, pointless ones, social ones..it's a bit silly to say you hate "blogs" as one cohesive lump, when the "blogosphere" (now there is a word I dislike) isn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

exactiv wrote:
    Oh, I'm so very upset that other people voice their opinions in a public place; I'd better voice this opinion in a public place! Woe is me!

IFYPFY.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

exactiv wrote:
    This may sound like a rant, and it could probably be classified as such.. But I'm going to go on anyway...

Now, I'm sure a few select people have some very interesting things to say, but surely there's a better place to talk about/publish it? Somewhere credible, where an editor looks over your work and reviews it, perhaps even offering some suggestions on how to clarify a point or expand on something.
    And, no, comments are not the same thing. Saying things like "lol, tbh I think ur deadly!!! :D;):):o :eek: :( :mad: :cool: :confused: :v: :eek: :eek: :eek: " does not cut it as constructive criticism.

Maybe it's just me, maybe it's a "new toy" for the internet kiddies of today to play with. Maybe I've just got my head buried so far up my own arse that I think so little of someone else’s writings...

And does anyone else hate that stupid word? BLOG. It always reminds me of a black turd...

I hafta agree, on all points... best to just ignore them...

Advertisement