Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best games to get for the DS

Options
  • 18-01-2006 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Well lads,

I've bought a Nintendo DS with a copy of Mario on the For Sale Consoles forum. Going to pick up Advance Wars and Mario Kart when I get it. What other games are worth picking up though? A few spring to my mind but just wondering what ye think.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Meteos is fantastic but be prepared for a heroine strength addiction.
    Castlevania was brilliant as well.
    I'm playing Pheonix Wright at the moment and loving every minute of it. Really funny, like a mix of an old lucasarts adventure and Snatcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Picked up a DS and Mario Kart this evening. Second hand sale fell through so decided that €150 wasn't all that bad. Looking forward to playing it after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Good stuff man - you won't regret it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Castlevania is definitely worth picking up
    got my DS purely for nintendogs and mario kart... i've spent more time on 'vania so far though:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Meteos is fantastic but be prepared for a heroine strength addiction.

In my honest opinion, Meteos was mediocre, at first I thought it was crap, then I got into, thought it was great, but it kind of got a little old fast, in fact, I hadn't really touched it after the week I brought it. But it was a fair price of €20, so I'm not that disappointed, had it been full price, I would be.

Mario 64 is a good game, though some may argue it isn't all that fun if you've played the original. I played the original momentarily, so Mario 64 DS was easily one of the best games on DS. The mini-games I really worth it I think.

Advance Wars is fantastic, you need to pick it up.

Sonic Rush is one of the best games on DS, and after completing it, it's still fun to just pick it up and run through an act or 2. To think if Kirby wasn't out of stock in the shops I visited in Dublin, I could never have played this. :eek:

Kirby Power Paintbrush is great, I spent much of my time trying to get all the medals, at first it seemed really easy, but some parts are quite challenging. Also, the subgames are a blast.

After playing Multi-Player on the demo of Metroid Prime Hunters, I'd advise you to look forward to it. The multi-player was great in the demo, bound to be brilliant with Wi-Fi.

Loving Mario Kart so far anyway. I'm definitely picking up Castlevania and Advance Wars. I'd say I'll get Mario DS as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Not mad about Sonic Rush myself.
    It just feels too unfair the way you die by falling in holes all the time.

Only have Sonic and the class Mario Kart for my DS.
    Going to the US next month so gonna pick up lots of games then :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

So far, I've enjoyed Super Mario 64. WarioWare Touched, Meteos, Castlevania, Mario Kart DS and Yoshi's Touch and Go (though if you haven't played this then Kirby Power Paintbrush is probably a better game). I'd like to get my hands on Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time (I loved the GBA one), Trauma Center: Under the Knife, Phoenix Wright and a few others...
    Don't forget that there's lots of great games out for the GBA that can be played on the DS...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

trauma centre seems utterly, utterly fantastic - i even got a bit shaky playing it :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Animal Crossings: Wild World is supposed to be brilliant, not out here till march tho but you can still order it online, other than that you really cant go wrong with mario kart :D

If anyone has any second hand games available check out my thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054878664

Was in Xtravision in Sligo yesterday and they still have loads of the 2 for €40 or 1 for €25 offer games left. I picked up Advance Wars and Sonic Rush.

They also had Meteos, Mario Kart, Kirby's Power Paintball and a few good GBA games like Zelda.

Advertisement