Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really much better than arctic silver?

Options
  • 18-01-2006 4:29pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed this on hitide.

"Coollaboratory Liquid Pro Thermal Conductive"

Sounds like the bees knees. I only stuck some arctic silver on my own processor last night (instead of the crappy pad thing that comes with the stock cooler). Would this stuff really make a huge difference v's arctic silver on a good copper heatsink?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It erodes the heatsink and Ihs on the cpu, as well as bonds them together in places. It works well for short term benching but not for 24/7 use.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Khannie wrote:
    Just noticed this on hitide.

"Coollaboratory Liquid Pro Thermal Conductive"

Sounds like the bees knees. I only stuck some arctic silver on my own processor last night (instead of the crappy pad thing that comes with the stock cooler). Would this stuff really make a huge difference v's arctic silver on a good copper heatsink?

Artic silver is quite difficult to get right. Too much and its useless, and it takes 100+ hours to set in fully

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://reviews.pimprig.com/cooling/coollaboratory_liquid_metal.php?page=2

2C cooler than Artic Silver, not really worth it :/

Advertisement