Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whee! Inspiron Screen

Options
  • 18-01-2006 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I bet you're all reading this because of the "Whee!" in the title aren't ye? It did its job then so! :D

Anyway I have a small problem with a Dell Inspiron 4100 if anyone can help me with it:

I recently formatted the hard drive on the laptop because it was full of rubbish, spyware and the like. I've that done, no bothers, and reinstalled Windows ME. (startup time is down to nothing now!).

The only problem is that I can only view the desktop in the largest resolution (800x600 I think) and only through 16 colours. I can't seem to change it at all. Does anyone know why this happened and how I can fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Get the correct drivers for the screen and the graphics card from the Dell site.

Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Cheers, its working like a dream now!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

You are welcome.:)

Cal.

Advertisement