Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

123.ie - Fixed Quotes

Options
  • 18-01-2006 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about the fixed insurance quotes on 123.ie with the large excess. such as what cars are specifically disallowed, or do all cars have to be under 10 years old etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

No real restrictions

Less than 10 yrs
    Less than 3000cc

Large Excess of 4000e

My gf car got hit over the week end, not her fault, havent caught the lad who done it yet, your repair bill is 3500e. If it was me i wouldnt touch that policy the excess is to big meaning you bare more liability than they do, as insurance companies only pay out to up to the MARKET VALUE of the car at the time of the claim.

Not worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The excess is only €4000 for males under 30, it is €2000 for over 30 or women 25-30.

http://www.123.ie/motor/quote_xs.htm

€2000 excess isn't too bad, checked a few regular policies and excess on them was €500-€900, considering how much cheaper the premium would be for some high performance cars it could be well worth it.

I would like to see the full policy for 123 and see exactly what is and isn't covered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Unless your car is worth in excess of €100k I wouldn't go near it.

I'm also not sure how legal it is. In the event of a claim against you, where you cannot afford the €4000 excess, the insurance company will be obliged to cover the entire claim. They will then have to chase you for the €4000.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

There is a list of specifically-excluded cars, though (there's a disclaimer to this effect on their website). I know someone who couldn't avail of this because his car was on the list. Of course, 123.ie won't actually let you see the list either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

seamus wrote:
    Unless your car is worth in excess of €100k I wouldn't go near it.

I'm also not sure how legal it is. In the event of a claim against you, where you cannot afford the €4000 excess, the insurance company will be obliged to cover the entire claim. They will then have to chase you for the €4000.

That is what I have been wondering - is the excess on what you can claim for your car, or on claims made by a 3rd person? The 3rd party should not have to worry whether you can afford the 4K or not, so I wonder how much crap someone might have to go through to get their money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement