Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What documentation should I have?

Options
  • 18-01-2006 2:32pm

Hrrrm I think I am missing something.

I bought my car in the middle of last year.

I have my tax cert, insurance, NCT and receipts from the dealer.

I think I'm missing some sort of registration document. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

VLC - Vehicle Licencing Cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

ciarsd wrote:
    VLC - Vehicle Licencing Cert?
    Which should have been posted out to you a few weeks after you bought the car (it comes from the government, not the dealer). If the dealer filled out the form it's possible they had your address wrong - have you got a Road Tax renewal letter for the car - if you didn't, but should have then there's some problem....

I'd follow up with the dealer and see.....

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

chances are the dealer never got the cert from the original owner or forgot to post it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

What happened with this?

What happened with this?

Rang the Vehicle registration unit, they said they posted it out. Looks like it got lost in the post :mad:

The dealer said I will have to pay €10 for a replacement, the registration office said it would be free if I got a form signed by the gaurds.

Got the form off the gaurds just have toget it signed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement