Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling barbs

Options
  • 18-01-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

I'm looking for some replacement barbs for a chipset block, 3/8 " BSP to 1/2 " barbs. Anyone got anyone they want to part with for a few quid?

Or, if anyone is ordering anything from an overclocking web site in the next few days, can you let me know? odds are they might stock it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

IS it american or european. How big is the fitting. You might need 1/2 inch on one side but is it 3/8 on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

I'm ordering from www.extremeprometeia.com at the weekend, I think they have the barbs your after, pm me to arrange something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I'm looking for some replacement barbs for a chipset block, 3/8 " BSP to 1/2 " barbs. Anyone got anyone they want to part with for a few quid?

Or, if anyone is ordering anything from an overclocking web site in the next few days, can you let me know? odds are they might stock it.

the fittings on it are for 10mm tubing, dont know what size the threads are though. I'l keep looking for connectors, tbh i found some lastnight, but i dont know wether they will fit the block, i think they are 1/4" threads, not sure though,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Dman_15 wrote:
    I'm ordering from www.extremeprometeia.com at the weekend, I think they have the barbs your after, pm me to arrange something

ordering a mach 2 ;) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

gline wrote:
    ordering a mach 2 ;) ?

Its silence i'm after, I got the 144 stable at 2.9 so I dont need any more from it. When i get my new ram 1:1 @ 320fsb should be sweet. All i can hear from my case is the HD's. grr to maxtor

My hydor L30 started leaking and they are the only retailler i can find with the D5 pump in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭craigcharlie

cheers for all the replies, I forgot to check back on this thread yest. Well, I've found a place called Smallman's in Ranelagh that does plumbing supplies, and it sounds like they have what I need. And they're open on Saturday! After I go I'll post back here and give the story on what kind of stuff they have.

What i need is actually 3/8" BSP threads on one end, 1/2 inch barb on the other. The barb is actully gonna be used for 12mm tubing, but it's a snug fit, as the barbs on my rad are actually the same dimensions and I'm using them with 12mm tubing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

:eek: Im looking for the exact same thing 3/8" to 1/2" barbs, I was gonna check out B&Q at the weekend tho.....

:v:
    CC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Loads here. Shipping is quick and dead cheap too.

combatcow, we have the same initials, we're always tryin to buy the same hardware, it's spooky if you ask me :p

yeah, well fyi, the guy in smallman's said that he has two pieces that can be screwed together to make that, a 3/8 thread and then a 1/2 barb that screws into the thread, just use ptfe tape and it'll be fine.

Also, they're only open from 9.30 to 1 I think... come to think of it, I'll pm ya Smallman's details with this message to make sure you get it.

WizZard wrote:
    Loads here. Shipping is quick and dead cheap too.

Man that site does have a lot. Have you had good experience with it Wizz? I e-mailed the site about Zerex, they never e-mailed me back, it's been over a week....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Yeah. he's very decent. Does a lot of modding too in his spare time.

Advertisement