Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Awful traffic today

Options
  • 18-01-2006 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi

What happened today with traffic in Dublin ? On the m50 it was terrible, especially for the time it was. I left my house at 6:45 in Howth and it took me an hour and 40 mins to get to work, which is twice as long as usual to Citywest.

After the exit to the N2 going southbound, cars could only go about 30km/h and we had to stop and go all the time. Then at the toll plaza, 15 min delay at least ! Then it was ok-is, then getting off at the exit for the N7, it took about 20 mins to get to the red cow roundabout and go on the Naas dual carriageway. Then it was fine after that.

I can understand if its nine in the morning or at 6 in the evening (rush hour peak ?), but all this week I have usually sailed in, although I'm leaving a half an hour earlier usually. I used to leave the house at 6:45 to get in for 8 but I started leaving at 6:10 to get in for 7. I think ill stick to the latter now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

There was an accident on the M50 this morning, I believe, although I heard it was on the northbound side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

I actually thought traffic was much heavier too but that was at around 6:30 in the city centre?? Weird....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah it was particularly bad today. Twas very busy in work too. Perhaps loads of people took a few days off when the kids went back to school to enjoy themselves?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I got on to the M50 from the M1 at about 06:40 and exit'd on to the N4 (after the toll bridge) at ~06:55, so if there was a crash it was after that, I must have just missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Somewhat off topic, but do the government not see the traffic jams in our city or Dublin suburbs.

What becomes of our Road Tax, I ask you that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Somewhat off topic, but do the government not see the traffic jams in our city or Dublin suburbs.

No. They have a squadron of cops in gimp suits shooing all the traffic out of their way.

What becomes of our Road Tax, I ask you that?

Ask these nice people

Just wondering, do any of the people sitting alone in their cars in traffic jams ever consider that they are the problem rather than blaming everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As I heard somewhere before - when traffic starts to become gridlocked, other countries get on motorbikes, push bikes and car pool. In Ireland, we just buy bigger vehicles which take up more space and move further out of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

other countries also build real roads too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

It was a three car pile up at the Cherrywood exit on the M50, at least one of the cars was totally mangled another was a total write off and the third was badly damged too..pretty nasty stuff :(
    The tailbacks were massive at one point as the removal trucks etc moved in to clean up.
    By all accounts several people lost their lives in this, this morning :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

By all accounts?

What accounts?

I haven't seen any news that says people were killed on the M50 yesterday?

• Advertisement
Advertisement