Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Work Permit?

Options
  • 17-01-2006 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

I'm looking to emigrate to and work in Canada (Toronto to be exact) on a temporary basis for the time being, but info seems sketchy at best (there's all this info out there for the USA, despite all the recent security paranoia, this just seems bizarre to me). Can someone please help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Nina_Angelica

Hi.

This may help you a bit :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/

Moved back to Toronto (where I was born & raised) from Cork in July/05.

It is rather difficult to get a work visa unless you qualify for special skills (as shown in the link) but there are ways around it depending on the quality of labour you're looking for.

What brings you to Toronto?

There's also an organization called "SWAP" (easiest to google it) and if you meet their age requirement it might make things alot easier for you!

Advertisement