Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Football on Terrestrial TV.

Options
  • 17-01-2006 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Ie, not on satellite channels. Anyone know when the shows, if any, are?

I know ITV/UTV have one, but not sure when it on...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 psycrow

utv's highlights are usually on about midnight on the monday..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yep, was on last night at 23:55, and will be on next week at 00:00, showing extended highlights. Show lasts an hour.

Also, NFL.com show highlights of the games (pretty similar to what you'd get on Endzone). Good if you're only interested in seeing the scores and key plays. I think they're in Real Format.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

I have two questions for you:

Are NFL games shown on TV in Ireland?

Are National Hockey League games form NA on at anytime?

Thinking of moving to Eire.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yo BrianCalgary,

Are you a Flames fan?

NASN are the main channel for North American Sports. They show everything from college and the Pros, - hockey/football/baseball/basketball; except NFL which Sky Sports have the rights to.

They're only on digital;

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

ITV have the superbowl live this year again. They use tyhe NFL "international" commentary. Nowhere near as good as the US commentary (this year from ABC including John madden)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

bruachain wrote:
    Yo BrianCalgary,

Are you a Flames fan?

NASN are the main channel for North American Sports. They show everything from college and the Pros, - hockey/football/baseball/basketball; except NFL which Sky Sports have the rights to.

They're only on digital;

Absolutely. Beat the Habs last night. I love beating the Habs. (I know it's not football, please forgive me). Thanks for the info

BTW where is the hockey board?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Dodge wrote:
    ITV have the superbowl live this year again. They use tyhe NFL "international" commentary. Nowhere near as good as the US commentary (this year from ABC including John madden)

Is the 'internation' commentary that bad, I have never heard it ?.
    Are there any radio website that one could get a commentary from and justy turn down the volume, I know there would be a delay and all but it might be better than this so called 'international' commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Ah its not that bad but its from guys who can't get a job with any of the networks in america. You'll rarely have a bad American commentator though. AFAIK the NFL hold the radio rights to the superbowl so you can only listen if you subscribe to their "radio Pass" thing

Advertisement