Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your Favourite Retro Possessions??

Options
  • 17-01-2006 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

I started buying a lot of retro stuff in the past few years mostly from ebay and that. The irony is I should have just kept all my old stuff lol I was gutted the day my mam gave away my my little pony castle - worth a fortune!!! My fave stuff at the mo is my:
    - Complete collection of every she-ra episode all 93 of them on vhs - a guy on ebay made it for me!
    - My Queen Angella doll from she-ra. Bought it on ebay recently - stunned at the immaculate condition is in!
    - all my little my little pony vids
    - My my little pony baby & mammy northstar

so what about you guys???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've got a first generation iPod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

My sister owns a New Kids On The Block video.......

.....thats right, my SISTER :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

speccy 128k+
    gameboy
    supercan of coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Gameboy [Tetris + Itchy and Scratchy Golf game... really weird fun]
    Nintendo [Mario 1 + 3, and Duckhunt with the original Nintendo orange gun]
    Barbar on VHS [he's sorta retro, ain't he?]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

My Millenium Falcon (ironically my one now exactly as battered up as the one in the films).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

whats a supercan of coke (or are you just taking the p*ss)

I cant believe you still have the duckhunt gun!!! That rocked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Original VHS tapes of Ulysses 31 and Jayce & the Wheel Warriors :cool:

And plenty of original Transformers figures knocking about somewhere.

Supercans were 500ml cans (same size and shape as current day beercan) of coke etc that were popular back in the day. They went out of style when 500ml plastic bottles started being sold. I checked your age, can't believe you never heard of them? :confused:

sofa king you are a legend- Jayce and the wheeled warriors was brilliant!! so tell me..did he ever find his da in the end?? or did he just @rse around the galaxy for years on end

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I think they still sell the 500ml Cokes in Austria/Germany.
    Jayce and the wheeled warriors was brilliant!! so tell me..did he ever find his da in the end??
    Sadly, he never found his Dad (Audric). There were 65 epsiode but the series was still left unresolved at the end unfortunately. A film script had been commisoned and it got written but it never got filmed because of the failure of the toyline apparently :(

From Wikipedia:
    Jayces' 65 episode run was not followed up, and it ended unresolved, however, according to series producer J. Michael Straczynski, a movie had also been commisioned along with the series, following in the fotosteps of other toy based animated series such as Transformers and GI Joe, and if the series had proven succesful in toy sales, production would have began. Straczynski worte the script, but due to the failiure of the toyline, preperation for the movie was shelved.

Had the movie been filmed, it would have provided a sense of closure on Jayce, with his lightning League meeting with the originals and being trained on the home world of the Guardians, he would be reunited with his father Audric, but according to Straczynski, Audric would have been killed by Saw Boss as the Monster Minds began a final assault on the galaxy, in a final battle, Jayce would unite the root and kill Saw Boss, ending the Monster Mind threat forever.
    Would've been awesome! ;-(

• Advertisement

SofaKing wrote:
    From Wikipedia: Would've been awesome! ;-(

Well considering Straczynski wasn't series producer of that show (he was actually only a staff writer) you'd have to wonder how close to the truth any of that information there is. Looks like some Babylon5 fanboy might have got ahead of himself when they wrote that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They sell anything on ebay
    http://stores.ebay.com/Eamons-Coke-Hut

I also have a real cardboard dustin the turkey election poster from about 10+ years back when he ran for election "bring the dart to dingle"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

I have an AIWA active - loudspeaker bought in 1987 and I use the very same amplifier/loudspeaker thingy in my recording studio to this very day!!

The Jayce and the wheeled warriors movie script I wont is the script around anywhere>? Dungeons & Dragons was similar in that they never got home in the end however - the final episode called 'Requiem' was written it just wasnt show cos they didnt commission a second series. You can read the script:
    http://www.michaelreaves.com/requiem_preface.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

nintendo game+watch handheld game console with donkey kong
    1982:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

- all my little my little pony vids
    - My my little pony baby & mammy northstar
    That reminds me of that Johny Vegas joke about the worlds biggest turn-off for a guy - scoring at a nightclub, getting back to hers, then she saying she has something she wants to show you, she opens her bedroom cupboard and there's *the complete* My Little Pony collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I've got a first generation iPod.
    They're retro already? Thank God I kept all the original packaging with mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I have a 1970's style rubber bullet and an '80's style plastic baton round... I nearly had me ankle bust by the latter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭GadgetFiend

rubadub wrote:

I also have a real cardboard dustin the turkey election poster from about 10+ years back when he ran for election "bring the dart to dingle"

got one of these meself- classic stuff

he got more votes in tallaght than fine gael.. so they say....

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

My original Gameboy, and my old Sinclair Spectrum 128k +2A (don't ask me what the +2A meant)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

gotta be my NES man...that and the stuffed dog teddy thing a nun gave me when i was like a week old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

Supercans, and Indeed all sorts of old/foreign cans of coke are on display in 'The Noggin Grill' chipper in Sallynoggin, Dublin :)

I have a Streetfighter one on cassette for the C64

thanks dublin writer but I dont tend to break the old stuff out for the lads funnily enough. I just lik eold stuff im hanging on to it all for a few years til I can flog it all on ebay and be rich! heh heh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

blew 160 quid on a japanese reissue of predaking (a combining transformer), they never sold the bloody thing here back in the 80's and i always wanted one:D and its fecking huge too , first thing i bought with me credit card.:)

Advertisement