Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cleaning a dirty laptop screen

Options
  • 17-01-2006 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

anyone , its scruffy lol dont want to use anything to strong on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Window cleaner and a soft cloth has been the business with me for years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Dobromil Leonha

cheers il give that a go .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

My mate got this stuff in peats.. Its a spray that looks kinda like a pen, comes with a cloth.. works wonders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I use pure alcohol, preferably ethanol (rubbing alcohol or poitin) though methanol (meths, surgical spirits) will do, and a soft tight-weave cloth (old baby vests are ideal, but avoid the buttons scraping the screen).

Most of the products aimed specifically at cleaning laptop screens are just over-priced ethanol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

If it's an X-Brite screen (Sony) then a lint-free cloth should do the trick. No fluids needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've said it before and I'll say it again
    These, around a euro from maplin ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭craigcharlie

I've said it before and I'll say it again
    These, around a euro from maplin ;)

like smokey robinson said, i second that emotion...

seriously tho, this stuff is great, I use it on both CRT and laptop. I like clean screens :p

Advertisement