Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Guide Me Oh Wise Ones

Options
  • 16-01-2006 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭

Hey I'm thinking about getting a laptop in the summer, I was wondering if some of you guys could help me out? Excuse my stupidity im not really clued up when it comes to computers!

I've tried to follow the *read this before you post about buying a laptop etc etc* so please bear wth me!

Price range: up to €900
    Intended use: I'll be doing a lot of writing, along with a lot of internet use. E-mail will be important as well. I'll also need it to have USB's so i can plug in leads for cameras, ipods etc etc. instant messenger important too. I'd really like a decnt wireless one that has internet.
    Mobility: Mobility isn't an immense issue, but i may need to take it into college now and again (very rarely though)

I caN have the option of buying it in the UK if it makes any difference?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

To be honest, you're not going to need anything too powerful. A celeron processor will do the job. Dell, Inspiron 1300 would do the job ~600Euro. You'd most likely pick up a better deal purchasing from the UK (dabs.com even). If it doesn't have built-in wireless, you could purchase a PCMCIA card (which may prove to have better range,TBH)

Advertisement