Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illmatic, nas=best rap album ever?

Options
  • 16-01-2006 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

SO what ya think surely lyrics dont get better than this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I prefered Lil Bow Wow's latest personally.

On the other hand,Illmatic had no filler and incredible beats so maybe Illmatic.

The Massacre was all over both of them of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

two words:
    Richard
    Blackwood

booya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Illmatic, nas = one of the most overrated albums ever

Want an example of a better album try out ready to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭BangBeater

Shu t the F up ya fool, ya.

you cannot say one is better than the other

Kristok wrote:
    Illmatic, nas = one of the most overrated albums ever

Want an example of a better album try out ready to die.

How do you explain that?Genesis was the only filler track.And even that had Nas rapping nicely in the background.As intro's go it was good.The rest is classic,the best producers at there best and the GOAT at his best.Can you really disagree with that?

There was an infamous review of Illmatic that gave the album 1 out of 10.Can't remember more info but it was pretty well known.Somebody up that if they can.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure about Ready To Die,there is a bit too much filler there and the beats ain't up to Illmatic.The Infamous,OB4CL and Liquid Swords are the only albums I can see touching Illmatic.

Orizio wrote:
    Can you really disagree with that?.

Yes. I dont think its that great and im not the only one, the fact that you say its great dosnt make everyone elses opinion obsolete.

BangBeater, apart from acting like a child what are you trying to say there both the same ? One has to be better than the other you have to like one better.

Kristok wrote:
    Yes. I dont think its that great and im not the only one, the fact that you say its great dosnt make everyone elses opinion obsolete.

BangBeater, apart from acting like a child what are you trying to say there both the same ? One has to be better than the other you have to like one better.

:D Jesus I simply wanted you to tell me why,not to get mad.

Its bad cos I say so.Is that your argument?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Kristok is allowed disagree with everyone but no-one can disagree with him without him getting all defensive and going on about how everyone is entitled to their opinion...yada yada yada

Kristok, generally when people disagree with something they give reasons for doing so, this helps as others then understand why you are saying what you are saying and it wont provoke people to call you a fool, Ready to Die has filler tracks and the beats aren't up to the standard that Illmatics are at.

OB4CL and Liquid Swords both have some amazing songs on them but i dont think they dont have the overall cohesiveness and consistency that illmatic has. The Infamous is a excellent album overall but just not as great or had such an impact as Illmatic did/has.

EDIT: oh yea by the way, Illmatic gets my vote for best album.

Orizio wrote:
    :D Jesus I simply wanted you to tell me why,not to get mad.

Its bad cos I say so.Is that your argument?

Yes illmatic has great lyrics not sure why people say there so great its nas he generally has great lyrics. Not so sure id say the beats are all that special but the overall feel of the album to me is nothing special, ready to die has that feel and the beats and lyrics that "I personally" feel are better. The reason I didnt say that is because its been talked to death around here many times sorry if I gave the impression I was mad just not bothered getting that deep into it due to the whole talked to death thing.
    Kristok is allowed disagree with everyone but....Yawn!

Kristok, generally when people disagree with something they give reasons....Snore!

Did you say something sorry cant manage to stay awake when I read your replys they seem to come after almost everything I say on this forum. I apoligise ill try to read it again....Snore! im so sorry it just happened again ah well maby next time.

• Advertisement

Fair enough.For me,Illmatic has some of the nicest beats ever from DJ Premier and Pete Rock.It just has the greatest producers at there peak.But if you don't like them fine,beats are very personal as opposed to lyrics.

OB4CL has very little filler but it does have some throwaway tracks so thats out.LS has no filler.Even the skits(that girl talking at the start of the CD is perfect for the album)or film out takes are good.LS was just an experience-the beats are RZA's best and unlike anything else I have ever heard,including Illmatic.LS is perfect throughout,the imagery GZA creates easily matches the stuff on Illmatic and that includes the stunning B.I.B.L.E. from the great and so underrated Killah Priest.Prodigy and Havoc lyrics aren't up tro Nas or GZA's quality so the Infamous is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's a boy not a girl. You need to watch Shogun Assassin, that's where all those bits come from.

Bangbeater, read the charter and cop on. Another post like that will get you a ban.

As for you other two girlies having a moan, take it to pm or something.

Well done makaveli another stellar job :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Makaveli wrote:
    It's a boy not a girl. You need to watch Shogun Assassin, that's where all those bits come from.

Bangbeater, read the charter and cop on. Another post like that will get you a ban.

As for you other two girlies having a moan, take it to pm or something.

Was about to write the same reply until i read on. yeah its a boy alright and shogun assassin is a great movie!!!

there's a whole other bunch of similar movies, the babycart series. its basically a carry on of shogun assassin. But hey, this is a hip-hop board so why am i talkin kung-fu/samurai movies???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Kristok wrote:
    Well done makaveli another stellar job :rolleyes:

Thanks. Now stay on topic like a good child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Illmatic is a classic, no bout adout it. But for me the GOAT is "It takes a nation of millions to hold us back". and thats all i have to say about that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

evil_seed wrote:
    Illmatic is a classic, no bout adout it. But for me the GOAT is "It takes a nation of millions to hold us back". and thats all i have to say about that

Gotta say that i know everyone talks about "it takes a nation...." and i've got it and just could never get into it. Don't get me wrong, it does have some outstanding tracks, but i can't actually listen to that whole album without wanting to rip flava flav's head off every time i hear the words "yeahhh boyyyy!!!". I'd take illmatic over it any day to be honest, its a great album, without a bad track. but would like to throw Pharoah Monche's "Internal Affairs" and Mos Defs "Black on Both Sides" into the argument, oh and Tupacs "Thuglife". All classic albums that i'd probably listen to ahead of htose mentioned above!

Kristok wrote:

Acting like a child is it? Coz I told ya to shut up, is it? Boo-hoo...

Both great albums, & YOUR the child by saying that it's not that great.

BangBeater wrote:
    Acting like a child is it? Coz I told ya to shut up, is it? Boo-hoo...

Both great albums, & YOUR the child by saying that it's not that great.

So you dont like an album that makes you a child is it ? I must remember that one.

Kristok, man....

what in the fck are you on about?!

Actually, sure if you've got some time in your hands, apart from givin' out about pointless things, record an album that's better than nas's...

what'll ya name it?

"Kristok.... The Prophet Who Knows..."

• Advertisement

ok ill get onto that

Yep, do sure & give nas a shout when your finished it... i think he's on Meteor network... so ya can give him a free text.... :eek:

eh fair enough :confused:

Kristok wrote:
    eh fair enough :confused:
    Oh, & the link to your website doesn't work BTW...

It does your just blocked from looking at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement