Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone go to any jazz sessions in the city?

Options
  • 16-01-2006 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

i remember there was a place in wexford street or round that area.
    cant think of the name of it .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

The International? Dirty Jazz Band play there tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I always go see Tommy Halferty play when he remembers to tell me when the gig is on. He usually plays in the Boom Boom room, its above some pub across the road from the ambassador.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

What's the Dirty Jazz group like? I've been meaning to check them out for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

i remember there was a place in wexford street or round that area.
    cant think of the name of it .

JJ Smyths on Aungier Street. Jazz gigs upstairs.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Daddio wrote:
    What's the Dirty Jazz group like? I've been meaning to check them out for a while now.

They're pretty cool. Trumpet, sax, drums, bass and keyboards. You don't happen to play sax do ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

They're fantastic. For the small price you pay to get in the door, you get an awful lot of entertainment. They play there every week with different line-ups but their enthusiasm makes it feel like your watching a once off gig

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

They're pretty cool. Trumpet, sax, drums, bass and keyboards. You don't happen to play sax do ya?
    I do indeed, a bit of Tenor and Alto. Do you play sax?

The White Horse Inn has decent jazz sesh's at the weekends also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Slurms wrote:
    I always go see Tommy Halferty play when he remembers to tell me when the gig is on. He usually plays in the Boom Boom room, its above some pub across the road from the ambassador.

The Tommy Halferty Trio are playing next Thrusday in the Boom Boom room. Should be a great gig!

Did anyone check out Bob5 in the Boom Boom Room last thrursday? One of the best live jazz gig's I've ever been too. Keep your eyes out for them again... they don't play that often together but they're great!!!!!

The Tommy Halferty Trio are playing next Thrusday in the Boom Boom room. Should be a great gig!
    cheers, I'll talk to him about it tomorrow, I'll definitely be there. Love seeing Tommy play live.

Are you in New Park? I only ask coz I am and I wondering who you are???? :)

• Advertisement

No I'm in 6th year he's my classical studies teacher and I do jaz with him every tuesday. What's newpark like, cos he said if I was interested he would give me a reference to go there.

Its really, really good! I'm in my first year and I love it. I'm there as a "mature" student coz I'm 27 but there are lots of people in the year that are 18/19 and just did the leaving last year. I can highly recomend the course, gives you a great understanding of Harmony and ear training and much much more!!! Rhythm studies is a great class too with a Brillent techer!! Actually all the teachers are fantastic!
    If you are in to music and want to play jazz then it's the place to be!:)

Advertisement