Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

TerraPass

Options
  • 16-01-2006 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

What do all of you think of this?

It would seem that what you are buying (besides a sticker) are CO2 offsets for your car. In other words, you are somehow purchasing a reduction in CO2 emissions elsewhere (exclusively in the US as far as I can determine, but that shouldn't be an issue if CO2 is what's involved) equivalent to the emissions of your car.

I'm thinking of doing it, frankly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

There are similar types of schemes all over the place including Ireland, usually tree planting is a big part of it.

Don't know much about it but I can't imagine that funding tree planting would be a bad thing.

Just like everything else on the net there are probably scammers running fake Co2 offset schemes so do a bit of research first.

Advertisement