Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane replacement - Advice

Options
  • 16-01-2006 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey all,

Looking for advice/opinions on a new car buy...

My current car is a '03 Renault Megane 3dr hatch 1.4l. I'm looking for something similar but new. Thinking along the lines of a 3dr Golf, Focus or the new Astra sports hatch.

Anyone got any suggestions in this class? Owner comments would be great too.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

You are aware of how little your 03 Megane is worth now aren't you ? We just traded up our megane 1.4 L Hatch Dynamique and Most garages were offering 11.5K - 12K MAX for it. Just so you are aware.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I have a Megane 1.6 auto bought new in 2003. Last year I hired a 1.6 Focus in Spain for three weeks. I found it very crude and underpowered compared to the Megane. I drove through the Pyrenees to Andorra and France and wished I had my Megane even though I'm not a fan of Renault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dead

just buy a short wheel base 1.6 rwd corrolla

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bundaegi

HungryJoey wrote:
    You are aware of how little your 03 Megane is worth now aren't you ? We just traded up our megane 1.4 L Hatch Dynamique and Most garages were offering 11.5K - 12K MAX for it. Just so you are aware.

Hj

Cheers Hj - I'm aware! I've already been to a few garages and all were quoting in that range - excluding Renault who, naturally, put in a better offer of around 14K.

Advertisement