Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offered a good deal, is it worth it. PC hardware.

Options
  • 16-01-2006 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

My friend has offered me this, is it worth the cash?

All brand new/boxed...

Gigabyte GA-K8U Motherboard, Socket 754, AGP 8X, DDR400, LAN, SATA, AUDIO, USB2.0.
    AMD Sempron 2600+, includes approved heatsink/fan.
    Kingston 512Mb DDR333 RAM.
    Sapphire Radeon X700, 128Mb GDDR3, AGP8X, TV-Out, DVI.

Price from Dabs.com £184.
    Will sell for £145 including delivery.....

attachment.php?attachmentid=23043&d=1136292435

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

40 quid wortht he risk? I think not..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

He offered it to me for 175euro, I forgot to add that in in OP. Is that a fair price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Will it play the latest games okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Yes, it should play them "OK" but not "Well". It's an OK price. €150 would be a sweeter price to be honest.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

That ram is older ddr333, that CPU uses ddr400, so there is your first bottleneck, secondaly that is currently the cheapest CPU money can buyk, and the x700 is now a low end card.

To be honest you will need to spend more than that for a PC that will play games, It will play current games on minium settings.

I wouldnt bother buying it for games, although its a good price for those parts.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement